Thursday 25 September 2008

Elves a-poppin'!


Like you, my immediate response was 'I see no elf' but, if you look closely in the window, you can just see the reflection of his left ear..
I'm surprised at this notice. I'd have thought it'd contravene Elf and Safety Regulations to carry an elf so near the emergency exit
Now I could continue in this vein (and vanity certainly calls!) but there are more important activities than punning and we need to evaluate this sign and its ilk carefully. This being a clear example of adulterated signage, it cannot pass into the pantheon of poorly-conceived signs initiated with Luddism (see below). It may sit as a good example of intelligent doctoring with a surreal edge but no higher than that. Man's true stupidity has more faithful witnesses.

No comments: